11 February 2011

Valentine's Day Shaker Card

Hello again...

I had a go at making my first shaker card. Sticking with the Valentine's Day theme, I took a 13.5cm square card and mounted a black 12.5cm square inside...

I then cut out a 12cm piece of red card and mounted a 11cm piece of white paper on top. This white panel was then stamped using Papermania's Red Ink and a "5 mini hearts" stamp was stamped across (in rows and columns) it. I recently brought a nice red 1cm ribbon that was pre-printed with the "<3 Happy Valentine's Day <3"  on it... in pink. So I used this to break up the top. I stuck it to the white/red card and then adhered this to the base card. I then used a pre-printed Sentiment banner (to tie in the pink section in the ribbon) which I then put on foam pads and placed across the top.


To make the shaker panel... I cut a heart out of black glitter card and stamped a teddybear image onto paper. After colouring in the bears I then cut them out. I took a 7cm piece of black card and stuck a 6.5cm piece of red card on top. I then drew in red felt-pen a "xoxoxox" pattern across the background, alternating the design with every row. Then I glued the heart and teddybears onto the background using Pinflair glue.

I then cut a 6.5cm square out of another piece of card and cut a 5.5cm square from the middle. Then I taped some acetate to the reverse and mounted shaker tape foam (thick foam tape) all around the edges. (making sure not to allow any gaps). I then coloured the inside of my foam tape with black felt-pen and the outside with red felt-pen to remove the starkness from those white foam tapes. Then I sprinkled about 30 red and pink confetti hearts (sequin hearts) onto the bears before removing the tape backing and sticking down the frame.

Close-up view of Valentine's "Shaker" Card

So... what do you think?

NOTE: The problems I had with making this card were as follows:
  1. I had never used Pinflair's ink before and unlike the Whisper's inkpad this one was tacky and wet and smudged slightly as I adhered it to the red card.... so next time, I'll simply leave it to dry first! lol
  2. The shaker card panel... I used Pinflair glue gel to stick the bears and heart to the base card and unfortunately didn't allow it time to dry before adding my confetti... so quite a few got stuck to the sides and I had to use a pin to push through the foam and gently remove them.
  3. Therefore.... I MUST remember to leave things to DRY first!!!!!!  Opps! haha!!!
So there you go... another Valentine's Day card!

Cheers,
Lisamarie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment