17 February 2011

Birthday Cards - My first attempts!

Okay... well today I'm going to show you my first attempts at card making!

BOB THE BUILDER Card...
Hand-drawn Bob the Builder Card
Bob the Builder... I hand drew this card for my friend's son. At the time they didn't have Bob the Builder cards and he was such a huge fan. I couldn't help but make one for him! This must have been about 10 years ago. lol.

********************************************************************************************************
KIPPER THE DOG Card...

Kipper the Dog
Fimo Card

Kipper... the dog! This card was made with Fimo clay. At the time, my daughter used to love watching Kipper. So I thought... why not have a go at making him. This was the result! I liked it so much... I never gave him away. lol.

NOTE: Not very creative with the card though... I just glued him to some foam that I found at the bottom of a strawberry punnet and mounted that to green card. Not even a sentiment! :-(

Ha Ha!!!

********************************************************************************************************
21st BIRTHDAY CARD...

21st Birthday Card

21st Birthday Card... I liked the square gems that I used to create the "21"... although the wire bending didn't go as I'd hoped. lol. Must remember... floral wire is NOT the best wire to use for this technique. haha! I added the sequin stars to the wire to kinda hide the forced "bends" that I had created.

The champagne bottle came out better than I hoped... and I personalised the label too. "CAT"... short for Catherine! Everyone called her Cat though!

...and I remembered to put a sentiment this time. lol

I think I've definately come a long way since I first started. :-D

Thanks again for checking out my cards!
Lisamarie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment