15 February 2011

Baby Card - Giraffe Toppers

BABY CARD

This card is suitable for a Newborn Baby or even a Christening / Baptism card. Due to the two identical toppers it is also suitable for Twins!

It's not in the traditional pink or blue colour scheme but I find the lemon and lilac work well together.

The card is a 13.5cm square card (top fold) and cover it in lemon paper. I used my own Gingham paper (Design 8 / using Purple Colour J16) to cover the front, leaving a 0.5cm border around the edges. I then used a Dovecraft "Feet" punch to punch a row of feet along the bottom edge... allowing the colour beneath to show through... then I used a glue-stick to stick this sheet to the background.

Baby Card
suitable for: Newborn / Christening / Twins

I then used two "Giraffe" die-cut toppers that I received (from a freebie with Crafts Beautiful magazine). I cut a slit in each giraffe's mouth and using a "pillow" die-cut pre-printed with BABY on the front, I slotted this through their mouth... to give the impression they were holding the corners with their teeth! This topper was then placed on the front using foam pads!

A sentiment, personalised name... etc can be added either along the left or right side of the card... going from top to bottom. Add an insert... and your done! :-@

Let me know what you think... do you like it or not?

Cheers,
Lisamarie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment