15 February 2011

Pink Valentine's Day Easel Card

Okay... well I've made a Masculine Valentine's Card and a Masculine Easel Card... now I wanted to make a girly Valentine's Card... so I decided to go with PINKS!!!!

I started with two 5x7" cards. I took one and cut it in half. (I only needed one half for this so the other half was put away) and with the second card open I folded the top half into the middle so it was halved again. (This creates a "tent" effect to the top of the card).

With the base (the one we folded in half) card I opened it to reveal the inside... I then glued a baby pink rectangle of paper inside, allowing for a 1cm white border around the outside. Then cut a 4cm square out of cerise card and round the corners off. Then punch the card using the "Dovecraft's" double-heart punch and glue to the bottom corners of the pink paper... leaving a 0.5cm border along the edge. Then take a sentiment... I chose "I Love You!" in white text on a bubblegum pink background and mounted this to white card and mount again to a cerise card. Then add foam-pads to the back to raise it from the card... this acts as a stopper for the easel... when left open!

Valentine's Day Easel Card
... very Pink and Girly!!!

Now take the 5x7" piece of cut card... we're going to decorate this now... I placed baby pink and cerise paper (18x7cm) together and cut a swirl pattern from them both. With the cerise piece, I then cut a 1cm strip from the straight section along the bottom and glued this to the pink piece. Then I glued this to the 5x7" piece of card. I stamped "sweetheart" onto the cerise paper and glued silver heart jewels around it... a girls gotta have some bling eh? lol

Then I cut out two hearts from cerise and baby pink glitter paper and glued these to the front... in the dip of the swirl! I had a banner with the words "BE MY VALENTINE" on and I raised these above the glittered heart using Pinflair glue (I find Pinflair glue is the ONLY glue that sticks to glitter card/paper). Cerise heart jewels were then glued to the top right corner to balance the gems along the bottomright.

NOTE: I think it still works okay... although I might need to invest in a bendy ruler to get a neater effect with the swirl as that didn't look very neat to me! :-(

5x7" Girly Valentine's Day Card

If you don't like the easel cards... then this design still works as a traditional 5x7" card.

Lisamarie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment