17 February 2011

Stepper Card - Cricket Topper

Hello...

I recently made a stepper card for my friend's eldest son and I wanted to share it with you guys!

A5
Cricket Stepper Card

I started with an A4 piece of card that I scored in half. I had a Kanban Decoupage Sheet that had the cricketer on and cut one of them out in a rectangle... to use as my main topper! I then glued this to the front of my folded card. Using this as my guide, I simply cut from the fold down to the bottom... making sure I stopped about an inch from the bottom... I didn't want to cut the card in half! lol.

Then I decoupaged "the Cricketer and the Ball" by cutting around one of the remaining images and using some foam pads, I added these to the image on the topper... creating a 3D look.

I used the "ribbon" strip from my Kanban sheet and lined that up with the bottom... cutting the excess off.
Using a scoring tool and a ruler I scored a line just above the "ribbon" strip and repeated it the same depth above that. I turned the card over and repeated this on the back panel of the card. Then all that is left to do is drop the folded section down into itself to create the "stepper" element of this card.

NOTE: When scoring cards that are to be folded... always make sure you score the front AND back of each score line as this helps the card to bend and move rather than crack and tear!

I then covered the remaining white areas in a nice shiny blue paper... it would have been perfect to have put a scoreboard on here that had the personalised message on... however, I didn't have one so I simply added a gold "Happy Birthday" topper here instead.

The card was personalised with the recipients name on... using Anita's Alphabet Stickers in Gold!

An easy stepper card that is based on whatever size topper you use!

Thanks,
Lisamarie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment