11 February 2011

Masculine Valentine's Day Easel Card

Hello again... last night I carried on the Masculine Valentine theme and made an Easel card. These are soooo easy to make and give an extra dimension to your traditional cards.


I started out with a 13.5cm square card blank... (I use Anita's Quality Square Card and Envelope pack). Fold in half and score. I took another card and cut along the score line to give me two square panels. Discard one half... to be used another time!

Now take your square card blank and decorate the bottom half in black paper. Place grey stripe paper on the top half. (I used Dovecraft's 8x8 Designer Paper Pack "Charcoal Prints" - DCDP08). I cut a piece of the stripe to create a ribbon border. Then cut out a heart shape in this paper and mount it onto black card, then cut around it again to create a thin 2mm border. This heart was then placed exactly in line with the piece behind it to make it like a 3D effect. I used Pinflair glue to raise it from the background.

I then stamped the greetings onto white card and mounted onto black card with a thin border. These were then raised from the card using small square foam pads (I used my Whispers Black ink and Studio G Alphabet Stamp set for the words)... as it's hard to see where I stamped, due to the dowels on these stamps, I ended up with uneven text... but I think that added to it's charm! :-)

Now take your folded card and fold the top piece in half and score it. (Fold it into the centre of the card so it looks like a tent-fold or mountain-fold). Decorate the inside of this folded card... I cut the stripe paper into strips and mitred the corners and glued these around the edge of the bottom panel to create a frame.

Then I cut out two hearts in black card and placed foam tape behind to raise it off the base card. This is what allows your card to stand up in the Easel position. (I used Dovecrafts Designer Clear Stamps "DCRS88" using the "<3 YOU" stamp) adding a sentiment to the base so that it can also be viewed when the card is in the Easel position.

Take the top panel and tape it to the top quarter of your folded base card. This is the part of the card that is nearest you on that tent fold... NOT the one that is nearest the score line in the middle of the card.

NOTE: You can check you've got it in the right place before you remove the double-sided tape's top cover! It should fold flat to look like a regular card but when the recipient opens the card they simply rest it against the "heart" stoppers.  I do hope this makes sense!!!!!


This picture above shows how this card would look if you just turned it into a regular Square card... still has all it's charm but slightly less impact than the Easel card... I think!

Anyway, thanks again for checking out my cards and I hope you come back again soon to see what else i've made.

Cheers,
Lisamarie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment